28 Sep Latinoamérica extendida: Europa | OPEN CALL //
As part of the encuentro CONTINUO LATIDO AMERICANO DE PERFORMANCE 2020,
Latinoamérica Extendida: Europa (Latin America Extended: Europe) invites Latin American artists living in Europe to propose works in the following formats:
* video documentation of a performance
The works will be part of the first edition of the encuentro CONTINUO LATIDO AMERICANO DE PERFORMANCE 2020 which will be broadcast internationally from November 13 to 4 December, 2020. The selected works will be presented virtually in the international forum of the encounter. In addition, in December 2020 the works will be presented in different cultural spaces in Europe.
Possible topics to develop
– The border: hybrid and fluid spaces
– Deterritorialization / Reterritorialization
– Reality and migratory experience
– Heterogeneous communities and new affectivities
– Intercultural parenting
– Institutional / everyday / carnal racism
– Neither here nor there
– Exoticism / Orientalism: how do I face it without feeding it and without losing my identity?
To cross the ocean to migrate.
The history of the world is the history of migration. The history of the names that have been given to those human groups on the move: settlers, migrants, refugees, colonizers, expatriates, diaspora.
We crossed the ocean to live among the “conquerors.” In our program we have decided to talk about how and why we got here, and above all how we managed to stay, how and why we wanted to and were able to leave.
The fluidity of borders and territories has come to moist our identity. We inhabit hybrid and fluid spaces of enunciation. Identity and nationality are equivalent and opposite at all times.
The “Latin American identity” from within “Europe” is lived between expanded networks, found families and embodied otherness.
– The work must be of total authorship of the artists applying.
– It can be an unpublished work or a work created previously.
– Several works by the same artist can be presented.
– Videos must not exceed 10 minutes (including credits).
– Once selected, the organization will ask the artists for a higher quality format in order to optimize the quality of the projection.
– The selected artists will give written authorization for the use of the image, name, videos and texts within the context of the encuentro CONTINUO LATIDO AMERICANO DE PERFORMANCE 2020, that is, online and live presentations and promotion.
– The participation in this call implies acceptance of each and every one of the terms specified therein.